Counselor / Disability Services Coordinator
I was born in the Philippines and raised in Kealakekua-Kona, Hawaii. I am the mother of 8 children, ages ranging from 18 years old to 30 years old.
I have two grandchildren.
I am married to Vanley K. Auna for the past 31 years.
I love Karate, to go on walks on the beach, appreciate beautiful sunsets, enjoy spending time with family, and read a good book.
- MS W, Accredited School of Social Work University of Hawaii- Manoa 1987
- Kaneohe Marina Corp Air Station Family Service Center Internship 1986-87
- Hawaii State Mental Hospital Internship 1985-86
- BSW, Minor, Child Development Accredited School of Social Work Brigham Young University-Hawaii, 1985
Areas Of Interest
- Post -Secondary Education for people with a disability/special needs
- Intercultural relationships
- Sexual Abuse/ Domestic Violence
- Same Gender Attraction
- Individual/ Family therapy
- Parent/Child interaction
- Play Therapy
- Academic/Career Issues
Certifications & Awards
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker, State of Hawaii
- TEAACH certified ( Treatment & Education of Autistic & Related Communication Handicapped Children)
- MEMOS (Parenting Certification)
- (NASW) National Association Social Work
- (AHEAD) Association on Higher Education And Disability
- (A.M.I) American Mother Incorporated
Primary Theoretical Orientation
- Person centered with an integrative approach
- Brain-Based Therapy
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
- Strengths Model
- Person in Environment